- Useful Links
- About Us
- Photo Galleries
- Available Buildings & Sites
- Business Directory
- Contact Us
- The Fayette County Development Authority will assist companies in locating sites, buildings, and other professional services in addition to helping them contact any necessary state agencies for permitting and other needs.
- "Freeport", an inventory tax exemption, is available to the maximum extent allowed anywhere in Georgia. This exempts from property taxation raw materials used in manufacturing, goods in process and finished goods destined for out-ofstate shipment and applies to 100 percent of the value in each of the above-named categories.
- Sales tax exemptions are available for new machinery purchased for use in manufacturing and some qualified exemptions for computers and other office equipment exist as well.
- "Quick Start" is a no cost, labor-training incentive offered by the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education to new or expanding companies in Georgia. In the past 25 years, Quick Start has trained over 135,000 people for over 2,000 companies. The quality, flexibility and responsiveness of their services has been singled out by Fortune, Training and Site Selection magazines for providing some of the best training in the nation.
- Fayette County offers a $1,250 per job tax credit for a period of five years to qualifying companies through a program known as the "BEST" legislation. "BEST" also offers qualified companies investment tax credit programs, employee retraining credits and childcare credits.
- The 2,200 acre Peachtree City Industrial Park includes its own Foreign Trade Zone. This feature is attractive to companies involved in international trade and manufacturing. The Foreign Trade Zone will allow merchandise for assembly to enter from abroad or exit to foreign countries without a formal U.S. Customs entry or the payment of duties.
- Corporations using Georgia Ports and operating in our Foreign Trade Zone may also qualify for a $1250 per employee Georgia Ports Authority tax credit.
- The Fayette County Development Authority also offers attractive financing through the issuance of revenue bonds. These bonds are at a lower interest rate than many other types of financing and can, under certain circumstances, result in beneficial structuring of property tax payment schedules.