- Useful Links
- About Us
- Photo Galleries
- Available Buildings & Sites
- Business Directory
- Contact Us
Locate in Fayette County
Lights... Camera... Action.... Fayette!
The Southern Crescent of Atlanta and the rolling region of West-Central Georgia has long been a video and movie production hotspot. According to the Georgia Film, Video and Music office, production is a three billion dollar business in the state. The state office offers special investment programs such as the point-of-purchase sales and use tax exemption (see below) as well as a sourcebook of over 3,000 skilled professionals to help spur film and video activity in the state.
Production companies from around the world find that filming in the Peach State generates savings via economical flights from Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport but also from lower wage rates and cost of living value in Fayette County, located just 20 minutes South of Hartsfield-Jackson Airport and 30 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, has been discovered as a perfect backdrop for filming thanks to Sweet Home Alabama and The Fighting Temptations. Both films used Fayette County locations for scenic portions of their production.
In order to better promote local film and video venues available throughout the County, the Fayette County Development Authority offers this Web site, it's links, and location snapshots.
If you are interested in learning more about Fayette County and its cities or any site represented please contact Matt Forshee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the film industry in Georgia visit www.georgia.org/film.
If you are interested in submitting a site for location shooting in the county we encourage you to email photos and contact information to email@example.com.
Point-of-Purchase Sales and Use Tax Exemption:
- Effective January 1, 2002, qualified film, video or music production companies utilizing Georgia for the production of motion pictures, made for television movies, television series, commercial television advertising, music videos or sounding recordings may be eligible for a state sales and use tax exemption certificate. The exemption certificate can be presented to a registered Georgia Sales and use tax dealer when making purchases and rentals of qualified production equipment and services. Producers and qualified film production companies are exempt from sales and use tax on most below-the-line purchases.
- Unlike a year-end rebate, Georgia's newest film industry incentive is a point of purchase exemption. (Point-of-Purchase tax exemption offers immediate saving on your current production.)
- Most below-the-line materials and service purchases, leases or rentals are included in the exemption.
- Eligible sales tax exempt materials include the purchase or lease of: camera equipment, supplies and accessories; lighting equipment; sound recording equipment; scenery; costumes; motion picture film and processing, certain production vehicles; and props and special effects materials, just to name a few.
- Qualified productions include: feature films, television movies and series, commercials, music videos and documentaries.
- Qualifying projects must have intended geographic commercial distribution that extends outside of the State of Georgia.
- Tax exempt status applies only to certified projects shooting in Georgia.