- Useful Links
- About Us
- Photo Galleries
- Available Buildings & Sites
- Business Directory
- Contact Us
Quality of Life
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Piedmont Fayette Hospital is a 157-bed acute-care community hospital in Fayetteville, Georgia. This state-of-the-art facility opened in September 1997 and was the first new hospital in Metro Atlanta in 14 years. The hospital offers a full range of health services including: a Piedmont Cancer Center with comprehensive cancer care for the whole patient from diagnosis to treatment, Imaging services, Cardiology Services, Maternity Center, Rehabilitation and Fitness Services, 24-hour emergency services, Surgical Services, and Wound Care Services. Piedmont Fayette Hospital is a nonprofit subsidiary of Piedmont Medical Center, the parent organization of Piedmont Hospital, and a partner of PROMINA Health System.
- Fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2010, as well as 2004 to 2007, by Thomson Reuters (formerly Solucient).
- Named among the 2010 Most Wired U.S. hospitals for the sixth consecutive year.
- In 2011, Piedmont Fayette Hospital ranked No. 2 among hospitals within a 50-mile radius of Atlanta according to the publicly reported survey of patient satisfaction by HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) survey.
For more information on Piedmont Fayette Hospital, visit www.fayettehospital.org
One of the major elements of "quality of life" is public safety and Fayette County takes a back seat to no one in this category. Fayette County has by far the lowest incident of crimes against people and crimes against property (see "Atlanta Regional Crime Statistics" page later in this section) in the metro-Atlanta region. Additionally, the city of Peachtree City traditionally has either the lowest or next to the lowest crime rate of any city in America with populations of 20,000 and greater!
The Fayetteville Police Department is one of only 24 departments in the state that has received state accreditation from the Georgia Police Accreditation Commission and was named for the second year in a row "Georgia's Best Trained Police Organization" by the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police.
|Crime Rate per 1,000|
Source: FBI, 2010
Both the Fayetteville and Peachtree City Police Departments are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA).
To download a printable version as well as see more Crime Statistics for Fayette County Click Here to open a PDF.